I’m back again!
As you may know, there are several and nice vanilla cupcakes recipes on the internet, but I’d like to show you one of the easiest, quickest and tastiest recipes out there. It is a basic but appetizing recipe that everybody can try to bake!
This sponge works with a lot of icing combinations (which I’ll show you in next posts). It’s an essential one! Happy baking!
Ingredients (for 10-12 cupcakes)
♦ 120 g unsalted butter (room temperature)
♦ 120 g caster sugar
♦ 120 g all purpose flour
♦ 2 eggs
♦ 1 tsp baking powder
♦ 2 tsp vanilla extract
♦ 2 tbsp milk
♦ Previous steps:
1) Pre-heat the oven (170º)
2) Sift flour & baking powder in a separate bowl, set aside.
3) Whisk eggs & vanilla extract in another bowl, set aside.
♦ Main steps:
4) Mix caster sugar & butter -using an electric mixer- and keep going for 3 minutes at medium speed until smooth, lighter in colour and creamy.
5) Add beaten eggs & vanilla extract in the previous mixture and mix on medium for a few more seconds until creamy and well blended.
6) Add sifted flour & baking powder in the main mixture and mix on the lowest setting until well incorporated -do not overmix-. You can do this by hand, folding the mixture with a rubber spatula.
7) Add milk into the mixture and mix on the lowest speed for a few seconds. And again, you can do this by hand, folding the mixture with a spatula. That way we make sure we do not overmix once the flour is added to the mixture.
8) Place the cupcake cases into a cupcake tin and fill the cases with the mixture (only 1/2 way!).
9) Bake for 20-22 minutes (check them with a cake tester).
10) Leave them in the cupcake tin for 5 minutes -you can burn yourself if transferred too early-.
11) Place the cupcakes onto a cooling stand and leave them to cool completely before decorating.
How to decorate them?
You can use buttercream, cream cheese, sugar paste, glace icing… A lot of choices to use with a piping bag or just by spreading with a simple knife! In my next post I’ll show you how to make an easy vanilla buttercream: the perfect combination.
Do let me know if you have any doubt!
See you in the next recipe.