It’s just one week left to Valentine’s Day! Are you ready for a huge sweet dose of love? If so, don’t hesitate to make these romantic Valentine’s Day Doughnuts. You’ll surprise both your partner and your tooth!
These baked mini doughnuts are coated with a thin layer of red glaze and hit by Cupido’s arrows .
Cinnamon Mini Doughnuts Recipe
I followed Peggy Porschen’s recipe, included in her lovely book “Boutique Baking“.
Ingredients (Yields around 30-36 mini doughnuts)
- 110 g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 65 g caster sugar
- 25 g light brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 45 g whole milk
- 40 g buttermilk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 15 g unsalted butter, melted
1) Preheat oven to 160º C.
2) Grease your doughnut pan by spraying some oil.
3) Put together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (sifted flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, caster sugar and brown sugar).
4) In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (butter, egg, milk, buttermilk and vanilla extract).
5) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
6) Fill (just 1/2 full) each doughnut cup by means of a piping bag.
7) Bake for around 10 – 12 minutes.
8) Carefully remove the doughnuts from their tin.
9) Let them cool in a cooling rack.
10) Once cooled, decorate the doughnuts with red glaze by dipping them (see recipe down below).
Doughnut Red Glaze
Stir together the following ingredients until getting a smooth pourable glaze:
♥ 1 cup icing sugar (around 125 g)
♥ 2 to 3 tbp milk or water
♥ 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
♥ Red colouring (I recommend Sugarflair Red Extra)
To coat these doughnuts in drippy red glaze, dip them (just the upper side) into the glaze and leave them to dry on a cooling rack.
Cupido’s arrows were handcrafted by means of a toothpick and some golden yellow sugarpaste.
I hope you like them!
See you soon and…